Saturday, July 21, 2012

Marathon Training Week 4

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 4, 6, and 4 miles, rest, 6 mile pace run, and 12 mile long run, plus strength training where it fit.

Hahahahahaha. That's funny. I am so far off the plan. Now I am 14 weeks out with 3 weeks of no running. 14 weeks sounds like a lot of time. And yet it isn't.

The pesky ankle is not getting worse, but it's not really getting better either. I need to see a sports doc/orthopedist and will get on that this upcoming week. I need some answers and I need to figure out what I can and can't do. I need to figure how to not let this happen again.

Sunday - 3 yoga podcasts for about an hour total.

Monday - 35 minutes on the bike.

Tuesday - 50 minutes on the bike.

Wednesday - 35 minutes on the bike, plus upper body lifting.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - Planks, pushups, and core work. No cardio because extra sleep won out over exercise.

Saturday - 80 minutes on the bike. Two bikes because I actually had to move. But I successfully entertained myself without music. Victory. Did some upper body lifting and squats with weights because I was already at the gym.

Total Miles- Scheduled: 32 Actual: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment