Saturday, May 12, 2012

Working It, One More Week

Yep, still no plan. What else is new?

I kinda pushed myself with the distance (not pace, though. That is one of the good things about running with my husband) last week, so I figured I'd back off this week. Stepback weeks ain't just for during training.

Sunday - 2.5 short yoga podcasts, plus lunges and calf raises. I need to find more yoga podcasts because I finally got bored of one that I have been doing for several weeks. Or I need to pull out Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown.

Monday - 4.4 mile run, plus planks. Cloudy but pleasant weather. I lied about getting used to the hills. I felt every single one of them when I ran on my own at my normal pace.

Tuesday - 4.2 mile run, plus upper body strength training. Easy paced run.

Wednesday - 5ish mile run. I paused my Garmin in the middle to cross a street and forgot to turn it back on. Lost about 2 miles, including a nasty hill. Oh well. Also did one-legged squats, pushups, lower back, and abs.

Thursday - Rest. Extra sleep.

Friday - 4.6 mile run. Cool and clear. Another easy paced run.

Saturday - 7.7 mile run on The Mall. Ran this one by time (warmed up for 5 minutes, ran about a half hour, and turned around) rather than distance. Tested drinking mostly Nuun. Good to know that it makes me thirsty, so I still need water.

Total Miles: about 26

Apparently, 4 miles is the new everyday distance. And I should probably start thinking about my Marine Corps Marathon training plan, shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment