Saturday, May 26, 2012

Working It, Yet Another Week

I went back to running 5 times this week. I aimed to get closer to 30 miles. Why? No real reason. Just to see if I could do it.

I am going to plot out my Marine Corps Marathon training schedule and then confer with my training buddy to see if our training plans, long runs, and goals, match up. I am not sure whether I want to run as a pacer or try to go after sub-3:30. But I don't have to decide that just yet. In the next couple of weeks, yes, but not today. My plan will be some variation of Hal Higdon's Intermediate plan. Hal hasn't failed me yet. I have to think about whether I want to slightly increase my mileage or work with a slightly faster marathon goal pace. Or both. I increased both speed and distance for Shamrock, and that worked. Still don't have to decide that now, though.

Sunday - two 20-minute yoga podcasts. New ones. I liked them, except I have never heard of horse and need to look up the pose guide to see what it looks like. Also did lunges.

Monday - 5.2 mile run on the treadmill at a 7:30 pace. Not gonna lie, this was hard. Actually, the 3rd and 4th miles were the worst. The rest were OK. I am so way beyond done with Nike+. Yes, I have said this many times before. Yes, it is worth mentioning again. Eating half a mile at a 7:30 pace is beyond unacceptable.

Tuesday - 5.2 mile run in the mist. Warmish and humid. Relatively fast pace. Did one-legged squats, abs, and lower back in the evening.

Wednesday - 6 mile run with my Wednesday morning group. Easy pace. Still humid. Ran about .6 mile in my minimalist shoes, plus upper body strength training. I wish my gym had 12 pound free weights. 10 pounds isn't enough, but 15 pounds is too much. Did planks in the evening.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 5.2 mile run, partly with the husband. Essentially turned this into a tempo run. Ran easy the first 1.5 miles, then ran on my own at a faster pace, then ran with DH (sorta) for the last mile or so. Warm and humid. Anytime it feels like close to 80 degrees first thing in the morning is not a good thing.

Saturday - 11.2 mile long run. I was planning on 10 miles but couldn't find a turnaround landmark. Humid and warm. Again. I definitely enjoyed the shade in Rock Creek Park. I got out early and was done before it started getting hot and sunny. Ran at an 8:14 overall pace, which is on the fast end of my typical long run pace. Maybe it won't be so bad in DC in the summer. Just maybe.

Total Miles: 32.8. Woo for over 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment