Saturday, May 5, 2012

Working It: No Plan Edition


I am still exercising without a plan. Kinda back to "I want to do xyz things this week and run xx miles total this week." Then I'll figure out where to fit xyz things and xx miles in. I don't have access to group exercise classes anymore, and my apartment complex gym is fairly limited. Good thing I have my own yoga gear and an exercise ball. I might buy an extra exercise ball to donate to the apartment complex gym.

Sunday - 5K race. Owned it big time on a decently challenging course. 21:35 for a 6:57 pace. Schnikes.

Monday - 20-minute yoga podcast, upper body strength training, and calf raises in the morning. Abs, lower back, one-legged squats, and lunges in the evening.

Tuesday - 6.5 mile run. In the rain. Of course it stopped raining as soon as I was done. At least it was not cold. The husband came along for the first 1.5 miles or so and then I sent him home. He was having trouble with the hills. I was just starting to think that I wasn't really noticing the hills anymore. Difference of perspective I suppose.

Wednesday - 5.2 mile run on the treadmill. Skipped out on my morning run group because the weather forecast said thunderstorms, although I don't think we actually got thunderstorms. It is hot in the exercise room. Practice for summer running?

Thursday - Rest. Tried to get some extra sleep. It kinda worked. I gotta get more exercise because I sleep better the more I exercise.

Friday - 4.2 mile run, plus pushups and planks. It's starting to get warm and humid. Bah.

Saturday - 10.5 miles in Rock Creek Park. First double digit run since Gansett. I enjoy how quiet (and shady and flat) Rock Creek Park is. I almost think I am in rural Vermont, not Washington, DC. You know you really like running when you go out for 10 miles for absolutely no reason, other than you want to. I got going early because it was going to be humid and warm. Well, relatively warm. Drank everything in all 4 of my Fuelbelt bottles. It is going to be a long summer in DC.

Total Miles: 29.5

No comments:

Post a Comment