Sunday, February 10, 2013

Boston Training Week 9

My plan for the week was cross train, run 3 and 7 miles, cross train, rest, 4 and 10 mile run.

Halfway there. Another stepback week.

What do you not see a lot of in my recap below? Running. We've been down this path before. Sigh.

I am pretty sure it's Achilles tendonitis. In my other foot. The injured one is doing just fine now. Go figure.
 
The silver lining of being injured last year is that I recognized this pretty quickly and I know what to do. Back off, cross-train, take anti-inflammatory meds, ice, foam roll my calves, stretch, and be very very careful.

But I have no idea what causes it. That weird pain in my foot that occured just after Christmas? Jumping up mileage too quickly? Too much running outside on uneven surfaces? Running on slippery surfaces? Any and all the things just mentioned?

At least this time I have 8-9 weeks of training under my belt. I still have time to do what I need to do and still be able to cross the finish line in Boston. That's what I hope, at least.

Sunday - one hour yoga podcasts, plus calf raises and squats.

Monday - 35 minutes on the bike, plus upper body lifting, clamshell planks, core work, and foam rolling.

Tuesday - Pushups, foam rolling, and attempted lunges (attempted because I only made it one set) in the AM. 32 minutes on the bike in the PM, plus planks, clamshell planks, and oblique work with a medicine ball.

Wednesday - 60 minutes on the bike.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 4.6 miles. Outside. In cold rain. It wasn't that bad, actually. Ankle felt a little cranky but was otherwise OK.

Saturday - 10.2 miles. Very windy. Relatively slow. Eh. It is what it is. I got it done and wasn't hurting too much afterwards.

Total Miles: 14.8. Stepback week indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment