Monday, February 4, 2013

Boston Training Week 8

My plan for the week was cross train, run 3 and 6 miles, cross train, rest, rest and 13.1 mile race.

The 13.1 mile race was not going to happen. One, no races this time of year. Two, I am not racing Boston. One of the purposes of a half marathon race is to test your fitness. Yeah, I kinda know where I am already. I know how to pace myself.

I need to keep reminding myself that I need to roll my calves daily. Not once or twice a week. Not when I remember. Every day. Even if my calves are not tight. That's exactly how to keep them loose.

Sunday - two 20-minute yoga podcasts, plus calf raises and squats.

Monday - Pushups and lunges in the AM. 3.8 miles on the treadmill in the PM. And lots of foam rolling.

Tuesday - 32 minutes on the elliptical, plus upper body strength training, clamshell planks, core work, and foam rolling.

Wednesday - 6.3 mile run. Outside. In the AM. In a short sleeve T-shirt and light capris. I was hot! In January!

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 35 minutes on the elliptical. My ankle was bugging me, so cross-training was in order.

Saturday - 13.1 mile run. Cold, but I was dressed appropriately.

Total Miles: 23.2

No comments:

Post a Comment