Saturday, April 13, 2013

Boston Training Week 18

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 3 and 4 miles, cross-train, rest, run 2 miles, rest, and then the marathon. I made some adjustments to account for a Monday marathon. I have never ran an Monday marathon before, but a day or two has never thrown me off in the past.

Third and final week of taper. OK, you 2 mile run, really? REALLY? That's just not worth getting sweaty for.

I should probably ease up on strength training and leg work. Oops. Didn't really do that in the first 2 weeks of taper.

Sunday - Yoga for Runners DVD. Outside. Yay!

Monday - 3.8 mile run outside. In shorts, short sleeve shirt, and sunglasses. Sweet. Apparently my recent increase in speed is sticking around.

Tuesday - Core work, pushups, calf raises, squats, lunges, and foam rolling in the AM. Only did 2 sets instead of my usual 3 of the leg work. 4.6 mile run in the PM to see the cherry blossoms. 'Cause, you know, that's what you do in DC. Especially when you are in DC on the day the cherry blossoms peak. Pace was good, especially given that it was 85 degrees and I stopped a lot. R2 (the Garmin) told me I stopped for about 20 minutes total to take pictures, look at the Jefferson Memorial and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial and avoid running into tourists.

Wednesday - 2 miles walking on the treadmill, plus upper body strength training, clamshell planks, planks, and foam rolling. Had to adjust my workout plan at the last minute. Long story as to how I couldn't access my gym. Good thing I showered the night before and keep a stash of baby wipes and dry shampoo in my desk at work.

Thursday - Rest. And travel! Racecation time.

Friday - 8 mile run. Longer and faster than it should have been. Not the short easy run I had planned. Long story but the moral is don't lose your key while out on the run. On the plus side, I now know the effects of adrenaline very clearly. Adrenaline is an amazing thing.

Saturday - 3.7 mile run. Easy pace. Found the lost key, thanks to a community lost and found box. And a trip to Boston to pick up my race packet. This just got real.

Sunday - Rest.

Monday - Marathon Monday. Stay tuned, folks.

Total Miles: 46.2 (including the yet unran marathon)

No comments:

Post a Comment