Saturday, April 6, 2013

Boston Training Week 17

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 4 and 6 miles, cross-train, rest, run 3 miles, and 8 mile long run.

Second week of taper. OK, you 3 mile run, what is that? This is a predictable point where I see 3 mile runs again and I want to run more.

So far, so good with taper. No taper crazies yet. No random aches and pains.

Sunday - Rest. Oops.

Monday - 4.4 miles outside. Windy but otherwise comfortable. I do so enjoy being able to run on the National Mall whenever I want to. Don't enjoy the tourists so much, but the Mall is nice.

Tuesday - 6.4 miles on the treadmill in the AM. Squats, lunges, calf raises, core work, and foam rolling in the PM.

Wednesday - 36 minutes on the bike, plus upper body strength training, clamshell planks, planks, and foam rolling.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 3.8 mile run outside. It was damp but not raining and not too cold. I went zoom fast. Well, relatively fast.

Saturday - 8.4 mile long run. Second long run in a row in a skirt. Second long run in a row running up a hill at the end. I went zoom fast again. First time running 7 mile in an hour in a long time. And probably my first sub-8 mile of this training cycle. Woo! Also walked about 2.5 miles in Washington, DC being a tourist.

Total Miles: 23

No comments:

Post a Comment