Saturday, February 11, 2012

Marathon Training Week 13

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 5, 8, and 5 miles, rest, 5 mile pace run, and 20 mile long run. The first of two 20 milers is this weekend. Hello, training peak.

Sunday - Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown (Level 1), plus a yoga podcast, for about an hour total. Yoga Meltdown was harder than I expected. Oh, I'll do it again and it was a good workout. But it's definitely beyond the power yoga I usually do. Did calf raises and lunges while watching the Super Bowl pre-game show.

Monday - 5.7 mile run on a cold clear morning. Easy pace. Saw a nice sunrise. Did lower back, abs, and pushups in the evening.

Tuesday - 9.3 mile run. Saw the full moon setting and the sun rising. Not too chilly. I like that it is starting to get light earlier.

Wednesday - 5.7 mile run on the treadmill, plus upper body strength training and squats. I am so done with Nike+ eating my distance. What gives? If I run at the same consistent speed on the same treadmill, why is the distance different every single time? Did planks in the evening.

Thursday - Rest. More sleep. I was extra tired this week.

Friday - 5.3 mile pace run. Kinda chilly. Finally no wind. These pace runs have definitely gotten easier. Bring it, marathon.

Saturday - 20.5 mile run. Participated in Run for Sherry, which I will address in another post. Another long run in the snow. In 3ish mile loops, although I learned how to add on a half mile here and there. The snow wasn't that bad, pretty light most of the time. It didn't even stick to the ground. Yay. Definitely not as bad as my run in the snow a few weeks ago. I ran faster than I wanted to at the beginning because I wanted to capitalize on less snow (it actually stopped snowing for about an hour). The first 13.1 miles were exactly 2 minutes off my half marathon PR. I stopped at 13.1 for a pitstop. The last 7 or so miles were not quite as fast. I took an untimed walk break at mile 14 to get rid of a painful side stitch. Miles 16-18 were uncomfortable. The wall? Probably. My hips felt sore. I slowed down a lot. But then I felt better after mile 18. Two and a half miles to go. I just have to hold this for 2 and half more miles. I can do that. When I reached 20 miles, I checked in with myself to see if I felt like I could keep going another 6 miles. I knew I didn't need to do it today, but I felt like I had enough energy left and could have picked up the pace if I had needed to. I left my iPod at home because of the snow. I made it the whole way without music. Longest run without the iPod!! I ran faster than my 18 mile run in the snow, too. Yay again!!

Total Miles: Scheduled - 43 Actual - 46.5

No comments:

Post a Comment