Thursday, February 23, 2012

On the Road out of the Rhode: Part II

I am feeling a lot better about moving to Washington, DC. My apartment is in a perfect location. About 20-25 minutes into downtown DC on the Metro. Within walking distance of 2 supermarkets, 2 pharmacies, a bazillion coffee shops, a FroZenYo (self-serve frozen yogurt), a sports store, a running store, and a ton of other things. I can see the Metro from my apartment. I don't even have to cross a busy street to get to the station. Not bad for not actually seeing the apartment until we had a signed lease and keys in hand.

Now I just need to find a job. I am getting back into sending out more applications, this time with an address in the DC area. And I am finally getting some calls back for interviews. Promising signs? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment