Saturday, February 18, 2012

Marathon Training Week 14

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 5, 5, and 5 miles, rest, 8 mile run, and 12 mile long run. The final stepback week before one last high mileage week. And then taper. Say what?

This week was busy. I was traveling. And moving. And still trying to get all of my workouts in. I rearranged my running schedule so that I could get in all of my runs. I planned on doing strength training, but I quickly realized that it just wasn't going to happen this week. Loading and unloading a moving truck is plenty fine strength training in my book.

Sunday - second Run for Sherry with my running buddies. Did 5.2 miles at an easy pace on a cold sunny morning. Legs felt fine in spite of running 20 miles the previous day. Went to my yoga class at my gym.

Monday - No running because I ran on Sunday instead. If I did run on Monday, I would run 6 days in a row. I don't think I have ever done that in my life. Did a 20-minute yoga podcast instead. Loaded the moving truck. Very much like putting a puzzle together.

Tuesday - 5.7 mile run. Got this one done in the morning before I left. Finished packing the last few things in the truck. Travel day #1. Rhode Island to the metro NYC area. Bought a mattress along the way. Don't ever try to slide a mattress and box spring on top of random items in a moving truck. Trust me on this one.

Wednesday - Quasi-rest. Travel day #2. Metro NYC area to Washington, DC. Unloaded the moving truck. It went much faster than loading the truck.

Thursday - 5.3 mile run on the treadmill. I was tiiiiiired.

Friday - 8.2 mile run. Holy moly, the area where I am going to be living is hilly. Pace was slower than usual, but whatever. Moving is serious business.

Saturday - 13.2 mile run with a friend. Got to see Rock Creek and the Potomac River. We have 2 different Garmins and didn't have the same distance readings. Huh. That was strange. But the weather was nice. Spring-like. Daffodils in bloom already? Strange as well.

Total Miles: Scheduled - 35 Actual - 37.6

No comments:

Post a Comment