Saturday, June 16, 2012

Working It. Yes, Again.

Thanks to my good friend the nasty cold, I ended up getting extra unplanned rest. Good, because my ankle was feeling a lot better when I got back to my normal mileage again.

Sunday - Rest. Literal stay-in-bed rest. Nasty cold was still kicking my butt. I had a low-grade fever starting on Saturday that I think was masked by taking ibuprofen. As much as fevers are bad, I kinda needed it to make the germs go away. I started to turn the corner in the afternoon.

Monday - 3.5 mile run. Slow and hot. Well, relatively hot. Ran in the evening for the first time in a long time. I am not used to the heat yet, plus I was just getting back out there after the nasty cold. I was underhydrated and underfueled from not eating much over the weekend. So I decided to run whatever distance I could cover in about 30 minutes. It was one of those runs to just do it, not to worry about speed or distance. Also did core work, lunges, and one-legged squats.

Tuesday - Upper body strength training, calf raises, and a wee bit of yoga.

Wednesday - 6 mile run, plus planks and pushups. Humid but not too hot yet. Actually managed to get all of my planned strength training in this week. Yay.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 5.2 mile run. Slower than usual but pleasant.

Saturday - 10.4 mile run in Rock Creek Park. Nice weather. Not too hot or humid. Finally back to my usual running pace. Even managed to run negative splits in the last few miles. Ahhhh.

Total Miles: 25.1

I have enjoyed this time without a plan, but now I am looking forward to training again. One week until Marine Corps Marathon training begins. Oorah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment