Saturday, June 2, 2012

Working It

I decided on Wednesday that I need to take a running break. Hopefully just a short one. My ankle has been bugging me to the point where I know I need to rest. It never hurt when I ran, but it hurt a lot of the rest of the time. Too many hills? Wearing unsupportive flats too much? Walking more? New running shoes? I do not know. I probably should have taken a running break a few weeks ago, but better now than never. I still have 3 weeks til I am scheduled to start training for Marine Corps. This is my last chance for a rest.

Sunday - some walking, lunges, calf raises, squats, and core work.

Monday - 5.2 mile run on a mostly new route, plus upper body strength training, about .8 mile total running in minimalist shoes (untimed, unmeasured), plus two 20-minute yoga podcasts, plus maybe about 1.5 mile walking later in the day. Some people sleep in when they have a day off. I exercise more. 

Tuesday - 5.2 mile run, including 1 mile in my miminalist shoes (ran the first part, then stopped at home to change shoes). Warmer and humid. Easy pace. Even still, wasn't super pleasant.

Wednesday - 5.2 mile run with the AM run group. Kinda humid and slightly drizzly but not too hot. Also did planks and pushups.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - Rest. Again. 

Saturday - No long run for the first Saturday since I can't remember when (except the weeks here and there when I had a race on Sunday). Spent 45 minutes on a bike while watching the Prefontaine Classic.

Total Miles: 15.6

No comments:

Post a Comment