Sunday, January 27, 2013

Boston Training Week 7

My plan for the week was cross train, run 3 and 6 miles, cross train, rest, and run 3 and 12 miles.

I think it is worth noting that anyone who thinks moving (by yourself) is not exercise has never attempted to do it. I also think the last time I moved, I said I was going to hire professional movers the next time. Why I thought it was a good idea to not hire professional movers yet again, I do not know. I haven't even tried to move furniture yet. It's not too late to hire movers, right?

On a training note, I usually create a spreadsheet with my training plan. What can I say? I like data and numbers. I have yet to do that this time around. So far, I am working off of a photocopy of the Novice 1 marathon training plan from Hal Higdon's marathon training book. I look at the plan one week at a time. Maybe I'll get around to making a spreadsheet. Or not.

Sunday - All of Christine Felstead's Yoga for Runners intermediate program DVD. The part I skipped last week was mostly stretching. Now I know why pigeon pose feels so good.

Monday - 6.2 miles on the treadmill, plus core work and lunges.

Tuesday - 3.5 miles outside. Cold. Probably the coldest day so far this winter. Ran by time instead of distance because it was dark, I couldn't see my Garmin display too well, and I ran on a new route. At least it was reasonably flat, or whatever reasonably flat in the DC area means.

Wednesday - Clamshell planks, pushups, and calf raises in the AM. 30 minutes on the elliptical at lunch. Not really a fan of needing to shower at lunchtime. It didn't leave enough time for exercising.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 3.8 miles outside. In the cold. A little faster than Tuesday, plus I got to see some pretty clouds on the horizon.

Saturday - 12.2 miles in Rock Creek Park. We got about an inch of snow overnight on Friday. The roads in the park were clear. Although the paths in the park had some snow on them, the snow had been trampled down and some of it melted. I ran a little slower than usual, but it was warranted given the conditions. My hips were a bit sore at the end. This is a post-injury distance PR. Some creaks should be expected.

Total Miles: 25.7

No comments:

Post a Comment