Sunday, March 3, 2013

Boston Training Week 12

My plan for the week was cross train, run 4 and 8 miles, cross train, rest, 5 and 12 mile long run.

Another stepback week. Oops, I just had one of those.

I think I am doing better with backing off a bit while still trying to get halfway decent training in. It is a delicate balance. Compression socks/sleeves and the treadmill are helping.

Sunday - About an hour of yoga, plus a lot of walking at Mount Vernon (George Washington's house) and around Old Town in Alexandria, VA.

Monday - 4.6 mile run. Outside.

Tuesday - 8.5 miles on the treadmill. No ankle pain. Ran 6 miles, then took a beak to reset the treadmill and fill my water bottle. Finally got to the gym early enough to get a full workout in before work. Did core work, lunges, pushups, and calf raises in the PM.

Wednesday - 45 minutes on the bike, plus upper body lifting.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 5.2 mile run. Outside. Didn't even need my reflective vest or too much cold weather gear.

Saturday - 12.2 mile long run. Surprisingly cold, but it's all good because I had the right layers. Ran the first 4 miles relatively slow, then dropped the pace for the last 8. I even had a few miles in the middle where I felt good about my pace and really enjoyed being out on a run. That hasn't happened in a very long time.

Total Miles: 30.5

2/3 done with training. 6 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment