Saturday, March 9, 2013

Boston Training Week 13

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 4 and 9 miles, cross-train, rest, run 5 miles, and 18 mile long run.

Here we go again. Mini peak week. Actual peak week is in 2 weeks.

Sunday - about an hour of yoga, plus calf raises and squats.

Monday - 4.2 miles outside. Cold and windy.

Tuesday - 9.3 mile run. Nothing like banging out a 15K before work.

Wednesday - Upper body strength training with a resistance band, pushups, planks, clamshell planks, and squats.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 5.2 mile run. Outside. The first 2 miles or so were in a snow flurry. Pretty stuff.

Saturday - 18.2 miles. I made it! Woohoo. Ankle was somewhat achy but was better than it has been on other runs. I stopped a bunch of times, including about 4.5 miles in to change out of my cold gear clothes and into something cooler. Pace was decent and I even managed to run negative splits and run to Virginia (Ave.). I needed a good run after some of the runs I've had recently. I got it. I am reasonably confident that I WILL make it to Boston and I WILL cross the finish line. I had my doubts for a while. Just another 5 weeks.

Total Miles: 36.9

No comments:

Post a Comment