Saturday, March 16, 2013

Boston Training Week 14

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 5 and 9 miles, cross-train, rest, run 5 miles, and 14 mile long run.

Last stepback week before one final push forward and then taper. Yikes.

I have reached that stage where I want to eat everything that isn't nailed down. I am hungry all. the. time. And yet I still managed to drop a couple pounds. Good, because I was hanging on to them from being injured last year. This is pretty typical of me at this point in marathon training, though. I am one of those weirdos who lose weight while marathon training. Clearly I am not eating enough. C'mer, food, get in ma belly.

Sunday - Rest. Unless yard work counts as exercise. I battled against mofo rogue vines and I won. Those were some nasty vines. They were entangled in fences, trees, and other plants. The vines made me fall on my butt on the ground. But I won, rouge vines. I won.

Monday - I usually run in the AM, but I decided to take advantage of decent weather, extra daylight, and the National Mall and run in the evening. Ran from the Capitol to the Lincoln Memorial and back. Niiice. Would have been even nicer if my ankle had cooperated better.

Tuesday - 1 hour 20 minutes on the elliptical. I was going to bike, but one bike at the gym was broken and the other was occupied. Notice the lack of a 9 mile run. Eh. Ankle wasn't really feeling a longish run. Now is not the time to push it.

Wednesday - 5.3 miles on the treadmill (relatively pain-free), plus upper body strength training, oblique work with a medicine ball, and foam rolling.

Thursday - Rest. Extra sleep. Aaahhh.

Friday - 5.3 mile run outside. In partial darkness. I actually do like seeing the sun rise, although I wish I had a better route that wasn't so noisy. Chilly and relatively slow, but ankle pretty much cooperated. Yay.

Saturday - 14.2 mile run. The weather was supposed to be rainy and cold but turned out pretty decent. Ankle turned out pretty decent too. Pace was good and I took fewer breaks (only to cross streets) than last week.

Total Miles: 30 on the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment