Saturday, September 17, 2011

3 weeks and counting

I got my confirmation ticket for the Chicago Marathon in the mail today!! A promising sign? I think so.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the little card tucked in my packet reminding me that I am in a seeded corral. Yeah. 'Cause I totally forgot that I had to submit my corral-qualifying time by printing it out and physically mailing it to the Chicago Marathon. And it's not like I keep looking myself up in the list of registered participants to make sure that I am still in Corral C. 'Cause that would just be strange.

No matter. BRING IT CHICAGO!

Also, ESPN is streaming Vice Verses, Switchfoot's new CD, before it is released on Sept. 27. As always, there are many songs that I think will be good for running. The War Inside is definitely going on my marathon playlist.

Yeah, it's where the fight begins
Yeah, underneath the skin
Between these hopes and where we've been
Every fights comes from the fight within

I am the war inside
I am the battle line
I am the rising tide
I am the war I fight
Eyes open open wide
I can feel it like a crack in my spine
I can feel it like the back in my mind
I am the war inside

The big things come from the little dreams
Every world is made by make believe


Sounds like good messages for a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment