Friday, October 7, 2011

Marathon Training Week 18

My training plan for the week was cross-train or rest, run 3, 4, and 3 miles, rest, 2 mile run (Seriously? What is a 2 mile run? Why even bother. I am not doing that), and rest. And then that 26.2 mile long haul that is the Chicago Marathon. Last week of taper. BRING IT BABY!!

Sunday – yoga on demand. Kinda sad that my yoga class at the gym was cancelled.

Monday – 3.7 mile run, plus abs and lower back. Did 2 sets of lunges in the evening. Done with leg strength training til after Chicago. Had to reel in the pace in the beginning because it was just the right temperature on a beautiful morning. Or maybe it was because the first half mile was downhill.

Tuesday – 4.2 mile run, plus 2 sets of upper body exercises at the gym. Completely done with strength training til after Chicago. Felt really spacy on the run and I am not sure why. Oh well. Pace was about the same as Monday.

Wednesday – 3.4 mile run. Cruised through it at a very easy pace.

Thursday – Rest day.

Friday – 3.4 mile run. Last run til Chi-Town. I think the Beastie Boys said no sleep til Brooklyn, but I'll take last run til Chi-Town. Ran at the same pace as Wednesday and felt like I could cruise along forever. The pace? Was the same as my overall pace in my first marathon.

Saturday - The plan is rest, and some walking around the marathon expo and the city of Chicago.

Sunday - Chicago Marathon. Stay tuned.

Total Miles: Scheduled (not counting the marathon) – 12 Actual – 14.7

No comments:

Post a Comment