Saturday, January 14, 2012

Birthday Treats

My birthday was this week. I got some nice surprises.

I got an email from the president of the university where I taught in the fall wishing me a happy birthday. I'm pretty sure it was automated, but that's OK. Unexpected birthday greetings are always welcome. Acuvue also sent me an email, and Southwest sent me a card in the mail.

Panera put a free pastry or sweet on my rewards card, good anytime in the next 60 days.

CVS sent me a coupon for $3 off any purchase.

Mapmyrun.com reminded me to log my piece of cake. Whatever, Mapmyrun. Don't you know birthday cake has zero calories? ;-)

On the other hand, my gym sent me a coupon for a free personal training session and smoothie, as well as a hilarious coupon for one day of skipping the gym guilt-free.

Random boxes from Amazon started showing up. After having an Amazon wishlist for several years, most of my family don't even ask and buy me gifts off my wishlist. It's a win-win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment