Saturday, January 14, 2012

Marathon Training Week 9

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 4, 5, and 4 miles, rest, rest, and 13.1 mile race. Stepback week #3.

I had to make some changes since I shifted the plan by a day. The 13.1 mile race should have lined up with Sunday. Except Sunday in the plan is my Saturday. So I modified the plan to run 4, 5, and 4 miles, rest, run 4 miles (subbed in one of the runs from the following week that I am going to skip), rest, and 13.1 mile race on Sunday. I chose the Nike+ Women's Half Marathon. A virtual race? Yes please.

Sunday - yoga class, plus calf raises. My yoga class was canceled the last two weeks because of the holidays. It was good to be back.

Monday - 4.4 mile run, plus abs, lower back, and lunges while watching the end of Spirit of the Marathon. The run was relatively slow and easy. Good. I needed a relatively slow and easy run.

Tuesday - 5.5 mile run on the treadmill, plus upper body strength training and squats. We got a dusting of snow overnight, which was surprisingly slippery. I was glad I had planned to go to the gym anyway. Did my upper body strength training a day early, in preparation for the half marathon on Sunday and so that I could get some extra sleep on Tuesday night.

Wednesday - 4.6 mile run on a cold clear moonlit morning, plus planks and pushups.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - easy 5.1 mile run. I meant to run 4.5 miles but accidentally ran too far. Close enough, I guess. Misty and not too cold. It was also my weekday day off. Visited a running buddy and a special future running buddy.

Saturday - Rest. Half marathon prep. Shopping for running gear online. Chicken parm, here I come.

Sunday - 13.1 mile virtual race. Nike+ Women's Half Marathon. I decided to do it on a treadmill. Stay tuned.

Total Miles: Scheduled - 30.1 Actual - 32.7 (including the yet unran half marathon)

No comments:

Post a Comment