Sunday, January 13, 2013

Boston Training Week 5


My plan for the week was cross train, run 3 and 5 miles, cross train, rest, and run 3 and 10 miles.

I am feeling better about my training, now that I got a double digit run under my belt. I really didn't know what was going to happen when I got into longer runs, but all is still good so far. Just 13 weeks to go.

I am also very much aware that Boston is not going to be a fast or pretty marathon. My endurance is not very good. My mental skills are out of practice, too. Oh well. It will give me a reason to go out and just enjoy it.

Sunday - hourlong yoga podcast. Haven't done that one in a few weeks. Still kicking my butt. My upper body was sore for 2 days afterward.

Monday - 3.5 mile run on the treadmill in the AM. Lunges and core work in the PM. Definitely felt good to do lunges. I need to get my legs back in shape.

Tuesday - 5.2 miles on the treadmill. I need to start earlier to get these runs done on time. Good thing I have a somewhat flexible work schedule. Also walked about 2 miles to run an errand at lunch and did pushups and clamshell planks in the evening.

Wednesday - 35 minutes on the bike, plus upper body strength training and calf raises.

Thursday - Rest.

Friday - 3.6 mile run on the treadmill. Bumped up the speed a little bit.

Saturday - 10.2 mile long run. Ran on a relatively new route since I spent the night at my house (!?!) and had new running options. No music, a little chilly but pleasant.

Total Miles: 22.5. First week over 20 miles in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment