Sunday, January 6, 2013

Boston Training Week 4


So yeah. I didn't exactly stick to my plan. Traveling and being sick will do that to you. Traveling is not a big deal. I can usually work around that. But being tired and achy is a big deal, or enough of a big deal to skip exercising. Plus there was that random pain in the arch of my non-injured foot. I have no idea what caused it, and it was an incredibly sharp pain. Being sick was a blessing in disguise because it forced me to rest. The pain seems to have gone away as mysteriously as it came on. 

I managed to do a little bit of yoga and run 3 times, including 2 short easy runs and a 9 mile all-running long run. 9 miles is probably too much of jump, but everything felt fine during and afterwards. My training plan called for 9 miles this week. It was not a pretty or fast run (I have lost so much endurance that when I intentionally tried to speed it up at the end, I actually ended up slowing down), but I ran the whole thing. Ankle is not hurting. Random pain didn't come back. Good signs.

OK, back on track next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment