Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gansett Marathon recovery

Still working on the race recap. Please bear with me while I figure out what I am supposed to be doing for my job :-)

This is by far the easiest marathon recovery I have had. Really minimal soreness in the couple of days after the marathon, in spite of not walking around too much right after the marathon and sitting in a car for 9 hours the next day. No problems with stairs. No excessive tiredness. No nasty blisters on my feet or sore toenails. I still have all my toenails. I even wore shoes with pointy toes and heels for an entire day 2 days post-marathon.

The best was when I went to my Wednesday morning group run and ran pretty much at my regular speed. That has never happened. Ever. The only thing that felt off was my left hamstring. Everything else, including my quads, were perfectly fine. Now, I know I am not fully recovered and I will continue to take it easy this week. I must have done something right because this is good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! It was great meeting you before the race! That is amazing that you were able to PR on the second race!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And good to meet you too :-) Good luck with your running!

    ReplyDelete