Monday, April 16, 2012

Marathon Training Week 22

Haha, oops, I never posted this over the weekend. Better late than never I guess.

My plan was cross-train, run 3-4 miles, rest, run 4-5 miles, run 3 miles, rest, and the Gansett Marathon, plus minimal strength training early in the week. Second week of a 2-week taper.

Sunday - 20-minute yoga podcast, plus pushups and lunges.

Monday - 3.7 mile run on the treadmill, plus upper body strength training and calf raises.

Tuesday - Rest. Usually a running day, but not this week. I kinda didn't know what to do with a Saturday marathon. I did a lot of walking in DC pretending to be a tourist.

Wednesday - 5.2 mile run with the group from my local running store. Not sure I am going to stick with this group long-term, but it is good for now while I am learning routes in my new area. Did abs and lower back exercises when I got home.

Thursday - 3.6 mile run on the treadmill. And traveling to Rhode Island.  And my traditional pre-marathon viewing of Spirit of the Marathon.

Friday - Rest. And work. Got lots of chicken parm in ma belly. I missed the chicken parm in Rhode Island. Still the best anywhere.

Saturday - Gansett Marathon. Shiny new PR again at 3:31:02. More later.

Total Miles: 38.7

No comments:

Post a Comment