Saturday, April 14, 2012

Reeeeally Quick Gansett Update

3:31:02

That's a shiny new marathon PR by 25 seconds after setting my previous marathon PR 4 weeks ago.

Highlights:
My Garmin was off from the very beginning because I didn't turn it on until seconds before the race start. And yet it did not throw me off at all.
Unofficial sub-1:40 half marathon. For real???
Ran with Keith Straw (who runs in a pink tutu and holds a wand) for the first half mile.
Ran with Skinny Runner from mile 10 to about the halfway point. Then she left me in the dust ;-)
Met Shelby from Eat, Drink, and Run and Celia from Running Seal. Nice job, ladies!!
I beat a guy wearing a hamburger costume.

I will do a full race recap and review later. Can't make any promises on when they will be up. I have a busy few days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment