Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We are the dark horses

I heard a new Switchfoot song, Dark Horses, on the radio yesterday morning.

There are so many Switchfoot songs where the lyrics resonate with me, usually on more than one level. Meant to Live, We are One Tonight, The Shadow Proves the Sunshine, Daisy, Learning to Breathe, Dare You to Move, Hello Hurricane. Jon Foreman, the lead singer, put out some beautiful solo work too. How could I not like a song named I am Still Running?

Dark Horses is one of those songs. Loved it instantly.

born for the blue skies
we'll survive the rain
born for the sunrise
we'll survive the pain


Now I just have to wait til Vice Verses, the new album, is released on September 27. And cross my fingers that Switchfoot comes to Providence while I am still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment