Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

You never know what you will run into. Literally run into. Today, I ran into one thing I knew about and one thing I didn't know about.

1. Girls on the Run is coming to Rhode Island. They had their first fun run on the path where I usually run. I am going to have to look into it.

Before
Photobucket

After
Photobucket

2. The farmers market is back! It runs year-round in two locations. Nov-May is in an old mill. June-Oct is in a park walking distance from my house. So this weekend was the first market back in the park. I am drooling thinking about squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and corn later in the summer.

Photobucket

My run went sooooo much better than last weekend. It was much cooler and not humid. I didn't have to stop, except briefly to let bikers cross a pedestrian bridge. Then I cooled down, showered, and walked to the farmers market. Brought my big canvas tote bag and a homemade iced coffee. Didn't need much. Bought some rainbow chard. Stopped for a mango lassi at an Indian restaurant for my walk home.

Farmers market in progress
Photobucket

The fountain in the park was rededicated and turned on today for the first time in 29 years. I caught the rededication ceremony.

Angel Taveras, mayor of Providence
Photobucket

Hello, fountain
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment