Saturday, June 25, 2011

Running Playlist All-Time Favorites

I've been running less with my iPod. In fact, it's been over 2 weeks with no music. It's been pleasant, actually. I am more social and more in tune with my thoughts and my body. Buuuuuut I'm not going to completely give it up. Pod Buddy is still coming along with me on treadmill runs, pace runs (maybe), long runs, and races.

I use a generic Running List most of the time. There is a lot of U2, Switchfoot, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Michael Jackson, Hanson The Bravery, Arcade Fire, New Wave 80s tunes, and girly pop songs. I made slightly different lists for each of my marathons. Sometimes the songs were location-specific. King of New Orleans worked for, well, New Orleans. There are some songs that I otherwise like but just do not want to hear during a marathon. Such as Misery by Maroon 5. Or Hard by Rihanna. Or Walk by Foo Fighters. No. I want positive messages and pump-me-up beats.

In no particular order, these are an eclectic bunch of songs that make it onto every running playlist. Some are new. Some are old. Some are random.

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
U2 - Elevation, Beautiful Day, Pride, Magnificent, Get on Your Boots
Foo Fighters - Breakout, Monkey Wrench, Lonely as You
Cake - The Distance
Pearl Jam - The Fixer
Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music, Only Girl
Arcade Fire - Ready to Start, Power Out
Switchfoot - Meant to Live, We Are One Tonight, The Sound
Daft Punk - One More Time
Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
The Bravery - Fearless
Cascada - Evacuate the Dancefloor
Katy Perry - Firework
Usher - More
The Clash - Rock the Casbah
The Fray - Syndicate
Grace Potter & the Nocturnals - Paris
Hanson - If Only, Waiting for This
Ke$ha - Tik Tok, We R Who We R
Keane - Crystal Ball
Kings of Leon - Radioactive
Michael Jackson - Thriller, Beat It
Natasha Bedingfield - All I Need
R.E.M. - It's the End of the World as We Know It
Sugarhill Gang - Apache
Third Eye Blind - Can You Take Me

No comments:

Post a Comment