Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime

In honor of the first day of summer, these are my top 3 tastes of summer.

Black Bean and Corn salad - The lime basil vinaigrette makes this one. Although I've never tried it, the dressing by itself would be great on just about anything. Very flexible. I use mangoes or no mangoes. Fresh or frozen depending on what I have on hand. Fresh grilled or canned corn. Frozen edamame or not. Chick peas or kidney beans. Tastes better the next day. Likes to hang out in the fridge for up to a week.

Indian-Spiced Chicken Pita Pockets - I don't serve them in pita pockets because the pitas work just as well as vehicles for picking up all that delicious cucumber yogurt salad. I double the cucumber yogurt salad part and serve a salad on the side.

Caprese salad - Slice tomato and mozzarella. Add fresh basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Summer on a plate.

Happy Solstice!

No comments:

Post a Comment