Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More thoughts on running =/= strong legs

In addition to strength training, I added yoga to my workout schedule.

So far so good on that front too. I've been going to a power yoga class at my gym since early June. I am at the gym far less than I used to be, but I'm still getting there 2-3 times a week (once for yoga, once for weight lifting, and occasionally when the weather keeps me from going outside). I really like the instructor, plus I've seen her out running. She herself said that her class is pretty athletic. For example, resting position is downward dog. There was a time when I thought downward dog in itself was plenty challenging. Not so anymore. Yoga helps my flexibility, and I'm pretty sure it's helping in the strengthening domain too.

I kinda wish I had thought to do before and after pictures. I am not sure I can see the difference, but I can feel it. Whether the difference is strength training or yoga, I do not know. Probably a bit of both. Either way, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment