Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thoughts O' Random

Smartwool socks work equally well in cold or heat. Wool socks in summer? Who would have thought that would work? I had to buy those socks because they said PhD. PhD socks for a PhD. At first, I didn't particularly like them. They weren't bad but they weren't best-socks-ever either. But I came around and got to like them after more washes and wears. I even bought a second pair.

My narrow-mouthed flip-top Nalgene bottle needed a good cleaning. I bought a baby bottle brush from Target to reach inside. Ew. That bottle was so nasty, I don't even want to think about what I was drinking. It is sparkling clear now. Wow, I didn't realize I had a clear bottle.

One of the benefits of being in academia is free books. Well, "free" in exchange for reviewing a book proposal. Seemed like a fair deal to me. I got a book on applied sport psychology. Sport psychology is not at all related to my work, but the book looks like it has some helpful and interesting information. My nerd self is more excited about that book than the 4 other books on statistics, research, and teaching that arrived in the same shipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment