Saturday, July 2, 2011

Marathon Training Week 4

My training plan for the week was cross-train, run 3, 6, and 3 miles, rest, 6 mile pace run, and 11 mile long run. Stuck to it, mostly.

Sunday - yoga class, plus a couple of planks. Note to self: planks after yoga is not a good idea.
Monday - 3.8 mile run, plus abs, lower back, calf raises, and lunges.
Tuesday - 6.2 mile run. Humid. Pushed harder in the last 2 miles, thanks to running into some running buddies. Ran my fastest splits even though it was mostly uphill. Ran the same 6 mile loop as last weekend but ran in the opposite direction. Totally different. Some of my route was along the Rock n Roll Providence Half Marathon course. Did a couple of planks in the evening.
Wednesday - 3.7 mile run that finished at the gym, then upper body exercises and squats (with the 2 12 kg kettlebells and exercise ball again ... the kettlebells didn't hurt my hands and arms so much this time), then 1 mile run-walk home. More humid than Tuesday. Felt like breathing soup.
Thursday - Rest day. Ahhhhh. Extra sleep.
Friday - 6.2 mile run, the first 2 miles with DH. Nice and slow. Started a few hours later than usual, and boy could I have used some water. Also kayaked for 2 hours. I decided I was going to swap the 6 mile pace run with one of next week's 6 milers. I am running a 10K on the 4th of July (next Monday), so that'll be my pace run. I will probably shift my schedule for next week ... see how I feel after the 10K and adjust accordingly.
Saturday - 11.1 mile run with one of my running buddies. Planned a loop that followed most of the RnR Providence Half Marathon course. Both more hilly and less hilly than I expected. A tip if you are running on sidewalks. It's easier to look out for cars when you are on the left side of the road. Not really much different than the road.

Total Miles: Scheduled - 29, Actual - 31

No comments:

Post a Comment