Friday, March 16, 2012

Marathon Training Week 18

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 3, 4, and 3 miles, rest, 2 mile run (every time I see these 2 mile runs on my schedule, I think "Really? Why bother?"), and rest. And then the marathon. Third and final week of taper. Hello, marathon week!!

For me, taper madness means phantom pains. This happens every. single. time. C'mon now, brain, please stop playing tricks on me. I had a strange dream about running a marathon on Monday night. Overall, it made sense (and I hope parts of it are more than a dream!), but some of it was completely nonsensical.

I was so excited I couldn't stand it before the Chicago Marathon. It backfired. I did not want to do that this time around. I managed to keep calm and carry on through most of this week. Excitement didn't start picking up til Thursday, and even then I wasn't overly worked up. Much better.

Sunday - yoga class. Was going to do some leg work but wasn't feeling it. This is the time to take it easy.

Monday - 3.8 mile run in the AM. Had to break out the reflective gear and lights again, but it was already starting to get light. It wasn't even cold. A half moon was still up. Only had to do once around my regular running loop. Did abs in the morning after my run. Was going to do some lunges but still wasn't feeling it.

Tuesday - 4.6 mile run on the treadmill, plus upper body strength training, squats, and lunges. Nike+ behaved this time. Cut the strength training and leg work down to 2 sets instead of my usual 3. No more strength training til after Shamrock. It was relatively warm. Went to the gym in shorts and a sweatshirt.

Wednesday - 3.8 mile run in the AM. Last run outside in Rhode Island. It was warm enough for capris and a short-sleeve T-shirt. Easy peasy. When did my easy pace fall into the 8:20s?

Thursday - Rest. And traveling. Hello, racecation.

Friday - 3.6 mile run in Washington, DC. Last run before Shamrock. And more traveling.

Saturday - Rest. And checking out the Shamrock Expo.

Sunday - Shamrock Marathon. This race has been in the works for 5 months. Bring it!!

Total Miles: Scheduled - 38.2 (including the marathon) Actual - 42 (also including the marathon)

No comments:

Post a Comment