Saturday, November 5, 2011

Marathon Training Week -2

I am still working with no real plan. Traveling last weekend threw my workout plan off. I am back running, though. Yay.

Sunday - Spectating at the Marine Corps Marathon. Was just past mile 24 at the Pentagon. My sign with a picture of Uncle Sam that said "I want YOU to finish STRONG" was a hit again. I was kinda surprised that a marathon as large as Marine Corps did not have clocks at every mile marker. Oh well. Something to be aware of next year when I am (hopefully) running Marine Corps.

Monday - rest

Tuesday - running! Got my replacement Garmin and was ready to get back on the road. Ran 3.7 miles on a cool fall day, then did some pushups.

Wednesday - running again, this time 4.3 miles, then did lunges, lower back, and calf raises when I got home.

Thursday - rest

Friday - 3.7 mile run on the treadmill, plus squats with kettlebells

Saturday - 7.2 mile run on a chilly fall morning. It was kinda cold for first 2 miles and then I was fine after I warmed up. Was only planning on 6-6.5 miles but ran into a friend near the end of my run. We chatted for a bit, then I continued on my merry way.

Total Miles: 18.9

No comments:

Post a Comment