Saturday, November 26, 2011

Marathon Training Week 2

My plan for the week was cross-train, run 3, 5, and 3 miles, rest, 5 mile run, and 9 mile long run.

Sunday - yoga class, plus calf raises, abs, lower back, and lunges.

Monday - 4 mile run. Was going to run after work in the dark, but then decided that I'd rather not run in the dark and went a little earlier. Thank you, flexible work schedule. It was faster than it should have been, especially considering hills. But I'll take it. I am trying to run a little faster this training cycle. As long as I don't do this on every run.

Tuesday - 5.2 mile run. I usually go to the gym on Tuesdays but didn't have time to leave campus. Much slower than Monday, which is what I needed. That pesky ankle was kinda bothering me. Hrmmm.

Wednesday - 3.6 mile run on the treadmill, plus upper body strength training and squats. Went to the gym early in the morning because 1) the gym is much less crowded in the morning than in the evening and 2) I didn't want to run outside in the evening on a deserted college campus and 3) it was raining and 4) I needed to do my strength training since I couldn't do it on Tuesday.

Thursday - Rest. Just happened to line up with Thanksgiving.

Friday - 5.5 mile run, plus pushups and a few planks. Haven't run 5 miles in my area in a while, so I overestimated the distance a little bit. Pace was fairly consistent in the low 8:20s ... until mile 4 when I ran up a steep hill. Short hill but steep hill nonetheless. Pace was in the mid 8:20s overall. I think this running slightly faster business will work out.

Saturday - 10.2 mile run. Was slightly chilly but comfortable enough to run in thin tights and a short-sleeve shirt (once I got warmed up). Part of the bike path where I do long runs is closed for construction. Boo hiss. I'm going to have to get creative with my running routes.

Total Miles: Scheduled - 25 Actual - 28.5

No comments:

Post a Comment