Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Thoughts O'Random

I have 4 classes left to teach plus a final exam. At the beginning of the semester, it seemed like the end was far far away. It'll be done in about 2 weeks. Yay.

While I like teaching and I'm sure I will teach this class again in the future, it made me realize that I do not want to be a university professor (unless it's a purely teaching position, but those types of jobs are few and far between). Oh, I was already pretty sure I didn't want an academic job, but now I am certain I don't want one.

I could never think more than 2 or 3 days ahead. It was always "what do I need to do right now that I cannot do later?" I was up by 6am and doing stuff til 9:30-10pm. Every. Day. I can't keep up at that pace long-term.

I held 2 jobs AND ran a marathon AND traveled a lot this semester. It was one of those very busy times where I look back and honestly can't figure out how everything got done. But it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment